Friday, June 29, 2007


This is what the immigration of a person to the US should be... proud to be here. Below is a letter sent by Cesar to those that subscribe to his newsletter... good man, calm and assertive.

Greetings,

The first time I really felt like I was a part of America was when I was watching fireworks and eating hot dogs and hamburgers on the Fourth of July. You can't get much more American than that! There are few places in the world where you can see a dog around the food. Here dogs are really family members. Whether taking a shower or cooking a meal, your dog can be right there with you – it's not a problem.

The sky is the limit in America. I truly believe that. It is the reason immigrants, such as myself, move here. In this country, you are free to be the person you choose to be spiritually, emotionally and intellectually. What can sometimes be missing is common sense. America is an intellectual country, an emotional country, a spiritual country – but not instinctual. Through my work with dogs and their families, I hope that I can bring a little of the instinctual aspect back to a country that has given me so much – a country that allowed me to be born again, to dream again, and to see my dreams become reality.

It’s a beautiful feeling to be acknowledged here for the work I have done with dogs and in the community. I really feel as though America has adopted me as one of its own because of what I have done for one of their own: the dog.

Stay calm and assertive!


Cesar Millan