Wednesday, November 05, 2008

From Mike Walker, a timely word!

All,

We now have a new President. It is time to put our political differences aside and do what is best for our Country. I will be honest and state that I voted for John McCain and I have no intention of compromising my values or beliefs.

I have always been a centrist and will take the new President at his word that he will be moderate in his policies, especially towards the middle class and small businesses. I believe him when he says he will reach across the partisan divide to change our Country by unifying rather dividing.

No matter what your political philosophy, two facts are important.

First, there is no ignoring the race of Barak Obama. I was born into a world and nation that held firmly to unconscionable forms of racism. The election of Barak Obama makes a statement, heard round the world, of how far we have all progressed.

Second, we have reaffirmed the ideal of our Republic that the democratic process, with its secret ballot, freedom of political speech, and despite its many flaws, is still the most honest and just form of government for a free people.

I will be praying for and supporting our President as best I can.

We live in the greatest country on earth.

Let us keep it that way.

Semper Fi,

Mike