Friday, January 05, 2007

Gentlemen,

I supported the changes that took place in the
November elections and voted accordingly because I was
led to believe that we would have a unified leadership
that ensured a broader debate on and greater oversight
over how to win the global war on terrorism to include
Iraq and Afghanistan.

But, despite some solid actions on the domestic front,
these so called first 100 hours are a major
disappointment as it regards the global war on
terrorism:

By ROBERT BURNS, AP Military Writer:

“Even as the White House announced Bush's plans,
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Speaker
Nancy Pelosi released a letter to the president urging
him to begin pulling troops out of Iraq in four to six
months.”

Most Americans I know supported change in order to WIN
not change to CUT AND RUN.

I do not belong to any political party so I am not
obligated to be loyal to any party or any one of its
office holders for sake of being loyal. As one of
those who fought in this war I can tell you I feel
betrayed by the comments made by the political leaders
above.

As another aside, while I have been frank and frequent
in my criticism of the way President Bush has handled
parts of the war he still deserved the respect from
the press that is afforded to any President. If
"Senate Majority Leader" and "House Speaker" are
written with capitals then the lousy AP editors and
Mr. Robert Burns should show a modicum of
professionalism and capitalize the word "President."

Semper Fi,

Mike (Mike Walker, USMC Col. retired)